There is Mold in My Home. What Do You Do Now?

First, let's go over a quick primer on mold. Every kind of mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is dangerous to you and your family is relatively rare in the fungi kingdom, meaning most kinds aren't dangerous. However, some are dangerous, so any mold in your home or business must be mitigated and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you contact a commercial mold removal Clayton NC company for help if the mold you discover takes up more than about 9 square feet. When you see any big amount of mold growth, though, it's a good idea to call for help from professional mold damage cleanup. Certified technicians can help you test for hidden mold in other spots around the house using tools such as measurement devices and laboratory kits and more.

Check licensing and certifications before you hire a mold damage cleanup service.

Mold damage that is allowed to grow sends off spores, which fly like dandelion seeds and can harm your possessions rapidly. If not, mold growths will keep eating on your structure and can destroy your possessions. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health problems ranging from neurological damage to breathing problems and mold-related infections and generally poor health. Mold can be especially harmful to infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.